Transfer existing domain name to new host
Can I use my existing domain name?
Is it possible to transfer existing domain name to your server? Yes, it is! I can do the transfer for you. All I need is the name of your domain name registrar. (Ie. goDaddy, blue host, domainname.com). Your login name and password. However, if you do not feel comfortable releasing that information you can do most of this yourself. Simply ask your previous web developer/hosting company for the following information.
**Every registrar is a little different, when it comes to transfer existing domain name but, you should be able to follow these general steps:
- Call or Login to access the domain manager tools of your current domain name registrar.
- Update your contact info (particularly your e-mail address) so that ViV’s Design can reach you with important information both during and after the transfer process.
- Disable privacy options for the transfer process. (Don’t worry, you can re-enable them when your domain is successfully transferred).
- Update the nameservers to point to your server. Use the following: NS1.BLUEHOST.COM and NS2.BLUEHOST.COM. This indicates that your site is hosted at Bluehost.com. The DNS change can take anywhere from a few hours to several days to propagate. The transfer process will be complete once it finishes propagating.
- Unlock your domain name.
- Acquire your “transfer EPP code,” or authorization code. This should be provided to you.
This EPP code is what will be need to complete the transfer on our end.
Still have questions? Contact us!
Get an idea of your next project cost!
|Monday||11:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||11:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||11:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||11:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
** Please note that our world is very deadline driven and we do not meet with clients before or after office hours.
Please respect our process by taking note of our office hours and scheduling phone calls & meetings with us.
Not only will you give us time to work and complete projects. Additionally we will be able to unplug, enjoy our families, and recharge which are major priorities for us.